Those tiny humans come with a mountain of stuff.
What to do when they outgrow it? Well, there’s the garage or attic, of course. And then there’s Toys ‘R’ Us with “The Greater Trade-In” event.
Parents are invited to bring their crib mattresses, furniture, clothing and other gently used baby gear to the store. In return, Toys ‘R’ Us offers a 25 percent discount on clothing or gear.
Nothing to trade in? No problem. Starting Friday, Feb. 16, anyone can get 15 percent off on one gear or furniture item in a store or at Babiesrus.com.
Babies ‘R’ Us, Toys ‘R’ Us trade-in details
- Begins Sunday, Feb. 11, for Toys ‘R’ Us loyalty members and Friday, Feb. 16, for other customers.
- Continues through Sunday, March 18.
- New this year, parents can trade in crib and toddler mattresses.
- By trading in an old gear, furniture or clothing, customers receive a 25 percent discount on one new gear or furniture item OR the entirety of their clothing purchase.
- Customers with a Toys ‘R’ Us credit card receive a 30 percent discount when trading in gear, furniture or clothing in store.
- Promotion is not applicable to stores undergoing liquidation.
What can you trade in?
- car seats
- car seat bases
- clothing accessories
- crib/toddler mattresses
- high chairs
- infant chairs
- infant swings
- pop n plays
- toddler/twin beds
- travel systems
The primary reason for the event? To round up toys or gear that have been deemed unsafe, Toys ‘R’ Us says. So bring in, for example, car seats with missing parts or ones that have been in an accident.
A news release reads:
“Safety has always been the root purpose of the company’s Trade-In events — and that hasn’t changed. In the eight years of events, Babies “R” Us has removed millions of unsafe products from the market, reducing the chance for children to be injured.”
Read more about the event here.
Like All the Moms?