While I was out-to-here with my first child, another mom cautioned: “I haven’t read a book in nine years.”’
You’ll be too busy, she said.
Waaaah?! Reading was my escape, my comfort, my friend and, as it would turn out after birthing three girls bing-bang-bam, my link to humanity when I was wrong and everyone else was doing it right.
Pfft. Having kids does not separate moms from reading. Moms (and dads) read a staggering amount, often on their smartphones and social media.
Who we are
Good thing. Because we at azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY Network, just launched All the Moms – and thanks for visiting!
We think of All the Moms as a place where parenting news meets pop culture and irreverent and relevant opinions right from moms (and dads).
That means we’ll let you know:
- When a real parent has a golden piece of parenting insight. Or they just get that you do the impossible every day. Or what really happens to your mental stability, friendships, marriage and heart after you have kids.
- About deals that stretch your family budget further.
- That you must watch THIS video because it’s funny, heartwarming, inspiring or just too spot-on to pass up.
- When there’s a recall on the products parents use every day.
- The best places to take your kids in your community – especially the FREE events.
- About the day’s biggest news stories through the lens of someone trying to raise smart, compassionate children and keep their family healthy and financially secure.
- Or when Channing Tatum has a new movie out. (Maybe that’s just me.)
But you get the idea. We’ll post early and often, with bite-size and thoughtful pieces on the trending, amazing and absurd, so that reading and (and watching) can be your escape, comfort, laugh for the day and link to humanity.
Connect with us
We hope you get to know us, join the All the Moms community on social media, and let us know what YOU think (and if you have an idea for a post) in the comments.
And if you’d like more kids and family news for the Phoenix metro area and Arizona, follow azcentral.com’s coverage.